Monday, March 28, 2011

Over 100 in 2011

Well I just finished a 5.5 mile run that put me over 100 miles for 2011.  Given that we're a quarter of the way through the year (hard to believe) that puts me on pace for 400 this year.  I think that is a pretty realistic goal especially as we approach better weather (hopefully!).

It really kills me how one day you can feel so natural at this, and the next feel so out of sync it seems its your first time running.  Yesterday Rhyan and I decided we wanted to keep the miles a little low for our sunday outing but hit a hilly route.  We set our sites on lake barcroft and ran all the way around it (5 miles).  We tried our best to pick up our pace up the hills and slow it down as we leveled off or went down hill.  Every step my body felt awkward and wanted to stop, so in that way it was a really invigorating run because I pushed through and finished despite my body crying to stop.  Today on the other hand, I set a course that I had calculated to be about 4-5 miles.  It ended up being 5.6 miles but my stride felt so natural and fluid I could have gone another 2 or 3 I think.  I guess it's typical with everything in life though; some days your on, some days your not.

2 comments:

  1. one of the keys for me has been to remember the days I'm on on the days I'm off. Congrats on reaching 100! 400 is well within your reach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats! It was actually reading your blog that got me off the couch the other day to do my 5.6 mile run, so thank you for the motivation also.

    I'm reading ChiRunning right now and one of the things that has helped change my mindset when it comes to running is thinking of it as an activity that has to be practiced. Never really thought of running in that light.

    ReplyDelete